[sdiy] Some Audio DSP prototypes

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Apr 19 18:27:24 CEST 2022

> On 19 Apr 2022, at 16:59, Gordonjcp <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:
>
> No-one in their right mind would use Windows for this, because you never know when the plug is getting pulled and your projects become unbuildable.

This happens all over the place, not just Windows. Witness the fairly recent dropping of PIC ASM by Microchip. This decision made all the existing code scattered across hundreds of PIC websites like the PICList and all of the code in Microchip's own datasheets unbuildable without significant rework.

Personally, I have a website full of code that I've open sourced, but now it's much harder for anyone to use it. It's a PITA, it really is.