[sdiy] Some Audio DSP prototypes

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 01:05:32 CEST 2022

Hey folks,

A while back there were some lengthy threads that veered off into
discussions of what to do about audio DSP in these times of MCU
shortages. I mentioned some projects with RP2040 and ESP32 that I've
been puttering around with for the last few months. I've gotten them to
a presentable stage now and have published them on my github here:

https://github.com/emeb/RP2040_Audio

https://github.com/emeb/ESP32S2_Audio

You'll notice a lot of similarities - that's intentional as I wanted to
be as much apples:apples as possible and it's allowed me to evaluate
them with very similar use-cases.

Overall I prefer the ESP32 for the faster speed and PSRAM, but both
systems are usable and not difficult to work with. Definitely worth
considering if you're casting around for alternatives for the
high-powered ARMs that we can't get these days.

Eric