[sdiy] headphone driver for synths

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Thu Sep 9 19:12:36 CEST 2021

Hadn’t noticed the 1678 had dropped to that price so yes you’re right.

5532 is $0.09 cents 1ku, Rs &* Cs $0.03, PCB area for it is about $0.015 and assembly $0.02.

So a stereo 2*5532 design costs $0.31 vs 1*1678 design at $0.30.  This assumes you can dissipate any heat within that PCB area assigned, but you’d probably need to increase both designs by the same amount if not.

I’ll definitely change to the 1678 in future.