[sdiy] headphone driver for synths

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Sep 8 22:23:36 CEST 2021

Yes the OPA1678 has a higher drive current than the 5532, but using both of the pair of a 5532 in parallel works out cheaper than half a OPA1678 per channel provided you don’t mind the 4 times quiescent current (2* per opamp and 2 opamps).
Noise and distortion are very similar, and far below what is audible.