[sdiy] Silhouette Eins optical synthesizer

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Sat Sep 4 00:42:21 CEST 2021

On 9/3/21 3:41 PM, cheater cheater via Synth-diy wrote:
> I don't think capacitive sensing would pick up a rotation this fine,
> would it?

Wow, I've never seen this before.

My guess would be that it's just adhered to the screen, likely using 3M
2-sided tape (VHB) and the rotating part has one or several "nubs"
pressing against the screen. The "nubs" would be made of the type of
material that makes touchscreen-friendly gloves work.

Count my vote for "touchscreens in cars are a terrible idea".

Mike