[sdiy] Issue with CD4024 Ripple Counter

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 16:47:04 CEST 2021

LOL Adam :-)

Following this thread with interest here.  I've experienced my fair
share of "signal integrity" issues with digital circuits, (albeit
usually with faster signals,) but don't think I've ever had something
clocking on the wrong edge before!  In my experience you usually get
"double clocking" or "multiple clocking" of digital circuits if there is
ringing or noise on the clock signal.  For example I've had counters
that count up in twos, or LCD screens that display every character twice
because there was bounce on the data strobe line.  This clocking on the
opposite going edge does seem particularly unusual to me though.

-Richie,