[sdiy] Mac users - excellent keyboard similar to IBM

jslee john at sleefamily.org
Mon May 31 14:59:10 CEST 2021

On Mon, 31 May 2021, at 00:48, Michael E Caloroso via Synth-diy wrote:
> Showing my age here... I loved those IBM model M "buckling spring"
> keyboards from the 1980s that had a great tactile feel and were easy
> on the joints.  They were great for work involving frequent typing
> like documentation and software development

As someone who has had joint problems since teen years (rheumatoid arthritis) I tried buckling-spring keyboards a few times and lasted less than five minutes. Just typing the classic “the quick brown fox…” made me feel tired!

Not even in the same galaxy as “easy on the joints”.

There does seem to be a lot of options for people who like antisocial loud keyboards, though.

John