[sdiy] Mac users - excellent keyboard similar to IBM

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Sun May 30 22:54:27 CEST 2021

As someone who has multiple vintage model M's in good nick, as well as
Model F's, and a nearly unused Beam Spring keyboard (apparently
replaced for a spare while it still was in the data center), I still
use my Cherry MX Blue keyboard daily. IMO the M and F just don't
really compare, the shafts just bind a lot even in perfect condition.
The tactility is nice, but the slight binding kills it for me, and the
MX Blue still has a bunch of nice tactility without the annoying
binding. I don't know, maybe I'm using the IBMs wrong. Maybe they're
supposed to be lubed up. My next keyboard will be using Kailh Box Navy
switches which are way more tactile.

I've recently posted a thread asking if anyone considered using
keyboard style switches for music keyboards, but no one picked it up.
I think having a nice tactile response at the end of a key's travel
(or conversely at the beginning) could be pretty cool. And also, some
switches have hall capability now, as well as other analog sensing
methods.

Best regards