[sdiy] DIP LM13700 discontinuation

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri May 28 22:59:57 CEST 2021

> From: Synth-diy [mailto:synth-diy-bounces at synth-diy.org] On Behalf Of cheater cheater via Synth-diy

> what makes the OPA1656 and TLV9152 so amazing?

> Also, do they come in convenient smd packages?

Fortunately there is a SOIC version of the TLV9152.   I'll give the 9152 a go in my reference A-D convertor design sometime.

As for the OPA1656, it's possibly gone that little bit too far beyond what anybody can hear although it is cheaper than the OPA2134.  It's not optimised for mic preamps, and too good for most other things.  Guitar preamps and similar pickups for violins, etc, is probably its main use.