[sdiy] DIP LM13700 discontinuation

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri May 28 12:14:32 CEST 2021

And 5532s for the output amps.  TL072s aren't so good there.

I've been asked why we don't just use 5532s everywhere.  Simple - the mixer would be so hot you'd need several extra fans which rather messes up the signal to noise ratio for the guy doing the mixing.
And in fact for the mic amp the distortion is slightly worse than with a TL072 as it loads the input pair more.