[sdiy] Digikey bags

usenet at teply.info usenet at teply.info
Fri May 28 06:48:43 CEST 2021

Depends a bit on what you're trying to find. There are a few smaller
shops around like segor elektronik in Berlin, where you actually can
walk in and have a chat with the guys, and that's actually a good thing
to do if you're not yet fully settled on something as those guys are not
sales clerks but really electronics geeks which happen to make a living
out of it. Then there's also a big Competitor to digikey and mouser on a
national scale, Conrad electronics. They have a few big stores, but
nowadays do most of their business online. What aspired to be in the
same league as Conrad is reichelt elektronik and Völkner, with their
difference to Conrad being a somewhat smaller scale and somewhat
different customer base. Conrad's main focus is business customers
nowadays with the shops being more of a relic from the past, reichelt
serves more the DIYer, so SMT parts are rather rare, and there is rumors
that you might actually buy bootleg parts or factory rejects. And
Völkner used to be a well-stocked small electronics shop like segor or
Bürklin, which I find hard to categorize now, more like a dollar shop
for electronics.

Then there's of course the other big guys like farnell and RS
components, but they don't seem to cater to end users.

HTH,

The other Florian