[sdiy] PCB faceplate large hole creation?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Thu May 27 22:43:08 CEST 2021

The rotation thing is usually with footprints imported from other tools, as EasyEDA freely admit they don't follow the same standard as other tools.  The footprints they entered are fine, but in any case they hand edit the PnP file to make sure everything comes back in the correct rotation.

As for differential pair routing, to do it properly you need a professional tool like Zuken or Mentor.  EasyEDA makes a hash of it but KiCad is even worse.  I've seen it put all the padding on the far end so for most of the pair they aren't anything like in antiphase.  I haven't tried DipTrace so can't comment on that.

The parts thing has been fixed - it now specifically says if it's available on the JLCPCB SMD machines or not, so in fact you tend to ignore the LCSC tab totally.

The main advantage of using EasyEDA, even if importing it from another tool, is you know the Gerbers being sent are in the format they like.  Sending KiCad Gerbers directly is a gamble - sometimes ok, sometimes not.