[sdiy] Digikey bags

Steve Lenham steve at bendentech.co.uk
Thu May 27 10:12:34 CEST 2021

Whilst acknowledging that it is not much of a problem in the grand
scheme of things, what irritates me every time about Digikey bags is
that they use labels which cannot be peeled off the bags. A clean bag is
so much easier to find another use for than one with a honking great
data label covering one side. And it is purely down to their choice of
adhesive - other distributors use labels which peel off cleanly, leaving
bags that I can use for shipping parts to clients, etc.

Like you, I still keep them in the hope that they will be useful
for...something. If you've got hundreds of them then it frankly seems
unlikely. I do use a dozen or so when stripping down a large, complex
device, putting each set of screws, etc. into a separate labelled bag:
"top lid", "internal shield", "power supply to chassis", etc.

Cheers,

Steve L.