[sdiy] this chip shortage thing is crazy...

mark verbos markverbos at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:52:43 CEST 2021

The other day I received a box from Mouser that had 3 button caps in it. When I ordered them months ago they didn’t have as many as I wanted, so I ordered all that they had in stock. I guess they were a few short, so instead of throwing them into one of the boxes I got since (basically every week) they shipped a whole box filled with bubble wrap and a small bag with 3 caps from Texas to Germany.

Great.

Mark

PS. In the last 2 weeks every part has started to show short supply with delivery dates well into 2022. I can only assume if I want 10,000 TL082CDR and they have 34 in stock and 14,000 on order coming in July 2022 that I will not be the one to get them from that shipment. Things are about to get interesting. I’m now exploring the military and Industrial temperature ranges and asking why a low offset TL082 is more expensive than a TL052 but I digress….