[sdiy] Many SPI slave devices on the same PIC master BUS..

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 03:27:36 CET 2021

I agree with what Brian said.

You need to look at the all the devices on the bus and figure the load
and drive of each to determine how many devices you can have. Throw in a
fudge factor for the wiring and protoboard also.

Another thing to pay attention to is the clock rate. Not all devices
have the same max clock rate so make sure there is not something going
on with that too.

If you have a digital scope do a bus capture and check out the bus in
the analog domain. See what the select lines and bus timing look like.

Jay S.