[sdiy] And now for something completely different

Terry Bowman ka4hjh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 22:58:29 CEST 2021

> On Jun 25, 2021, at 6:31 PM, David G Dixon via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
>
> You are one sick man, Roman!

We all knew that but someone had to say it.

> I do ALWAYS orient the stripes of the resistors so that they can all be read in the same direction -- from the top down in the normally oriented resistors, and from left to right in the parallel resistors, when the board is oriented in the direction of my layout file.  In those rare instances when I put a resistor in backwards, I will always desolder it and turn it around.

Being the half blind total klutz that I am this is de rigueur for me. Now that 1/8W and/or 1% resistors have become commonplace I can barely read the color codes under ideal circumstances.

I also orient radial parts like caps and TO-92 transistors to be easily readable whenever possible.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."—Roy Batty, Blade Runner