[sdiy] ASM-1, Buchla etc pages

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sat Jun 26 00:14:36 CEST 2021

Hi,

So, rubidium.se is my private domain. I works more and more robust these
days, especially after major overhaul which also triggered me to get the
pages up again. The reason it came down was that I was doing some tests,
went into a IEEE standards meeting on environmental effects on
oscillators, and during that guests arrived that I've entertained since.
So, yeah, human error can occur.

It will be there. I need them to be up for all kinds of reason. I aim to
add to them even.

I just might consider to upgrade HTML style from that I learned the hard
wasy 25+ years ago, when I also got into Synth-DIY, so it fitted well to
use the energy as a poor student to hack away on web too.

Synth-DIY work got me care about oscillators and the behaviours, that in
itself got me into get a better measurement setup, which included among
other things a Rubidium atomic clock and a frequency counter. That
escalated quickly, and I now have really good crystal oscillators such
as BVA, I have rubidium and cesium atomic clocks, including a hydrogen
maser, I have long term stability and phase noise measurement stuff, I
have various others obscure measurement tools, I to standardization, I
do research, I sit on scientific conference technical committees and
even need to take care of my session chair things here. So perfecting
the ASM-1 VCO trimming got somewhat out of hand, a bit. But I learned a
ton in the process. My lab also weighs a ton more, easily.

So yeah, I might be a bit absent-minded and missed to keep the server
running after a test that obviously failed.

Cheers,
Magnus