[sdiy] ASM-1, Buchla etc pages

Todd Sines sines_list at scale.la
Fri Jun 25 20:20:23 CEST 2021

Probably should get the server back up, and then send the Archive.org bot over to take a thorough snapshot.

Magnus, et al — I have registered syntharchive.org for the next 3 years and have hosting as part of my package with my provider, MediaTemple, with SSL through CloudFlare. I can set up WordPress and make editor accounts if you would like to host all of this stuff there. Definitely won’t bomb out in 8 hours like Rubidium did.

We can add a CC Creative Commons license, Do Not Distribute, etc. As much as I’d like to make it raw HTML + FTP’able, the bots of the world with exploit that access (hell, WP too) but I feel confident that you can make a pretty robust experience in no time — and make it searchable! :)

BTW. I was digging around for your pages years ago and I was happy to see them earlier today, then crushed to seem them all disappear so quickly.

Todd