[sdiy] Iron on front panels

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Wed Jun 16 13:42:09 CEST 2021

I'm pretty sure it's inkjet printing on anodized aluminium before it
gets sealed. Then it's sealed after printing and cannot be wiped with
anything except deep scratching with hard tools.
Anodized aluminium is very porous and accepts all kind of ink or dirt
easily. Sealing means boiling in water, so the delicate aluminium oxide
swells, closing the ink inside and changes into bemit (Al2O3*H2O).

BTW, the same kind of printer is usually used for printing T-shirts, and
it's made from modified Epson Stylus printer.

That's how they do those colorful eurorack modules.
You might expect the same resolution achievable on plain paper.

Roman