[sdiy] How to use an analog time-domain multiplexer?

Phillip Gallo philgallo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:47:02 CEST 2021

Back in the last century (circa. 1979) An Electronics Magazine "Designer
Casebook" example of CMOS switch based analog audio TDM was submitted and
published.

http://www.sdiy.org/philgallo/images/MuxAnalog1.jpg
http://www.sdiy.org/philgallo/images/MuxAnalog2.jpg

It seems to be a decent model of that described in the original post.

Personally, all TDM i have done was post conversion into A & mu Law
formats.   However, i have accidentally screwed up Audio DAC multiplex
addressing resulting in sending multiple channel data to a single DAC at
the Multiplexed Sample Rate.   The audio quality was surprisingly good.