[sdiy] How to use an analog time-domain multiplexer?

dh at atoav.com dh at atoav.com
Fri Jun 4 19:25:19 CEST 2021

On 04/06/2021 16:37, cheater cheater via Synth-diy wrote:
> I'm not completely discounting having something like an impedance
> matched transmission line for the signalling. One thing that I wonder
> about is, though: what happens if you take the output of a normal euro
> rack synth - either audio or CV - and feed it into such a
> low-impedance input? Say the input is 50 Ohm, 300 Ohm, or 600 Ohm. I
> don't really know what typical output impedances are in Eurorack. And
> it would be nice to be able to patch a mono Eurorack module into the
> polyphonic input of this thing.

If that isn't even the intention why don't you just go for a more
suitable cable/connector? Just take a regular CAT-7 cable. In addition
to being cheap and readily available you'd have 4 twisted pairs which
are shielded, which would be a much better thing to consider than using
regular audio cables of questionable quality.

I can already picture people mailing you and telling you how with
_their_ cable it didn't work. If you don't gain anything from using a
audio cable, why would you?