[sdiy] How to use an analog time-domain multiplexer?

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:11:42 CEST 2021

cheater cheater wrote:
> Dude Neil even a relatively small modular has 150 I/O - that really
> adds up! I've taken the Doepfer pre-built systems as an example.

You're still flogging this dead horse...?
http://synth-diy.org/pipermail/synth-diy/2018-December/170483.html

If Doepfer won't or can't do this electronic mega-patching system,
then you're not going to be able to do it at a price bracket that fits
into your fantasy.

It works in telecomms because they buy parts in the tens or hundreds
of millions per year, so they get excellent prices on parts (although
the current situation is not helping).  And even then, the cost of
infrastructure is ameliorated over many years so the per-port cost is
less critical.  Your competition is two jack sockets and a patch lead
- cost in volume from China in the region of cents, with great signal
integrity, very low crosstalk, and extremely easy to expand (almost
limitless one might say).

The impression I get is that you know diddly-squat about what you're
asking for, yet keep prodding away hoping that some team of
experienced engineers with nothing else on their plate will design
this white elephant for you, for free.

Neil