[sdiy] Chopper circuits for audio and CV?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Jun 2 10:35:54 CEST 2021

It was certainly commonly done with CVs in the internals of many polysynths. Usually one single DAC would be used (the expensive bit) to produce a time-sliced multiplexed CV which then got demultiplexed out to a lot of sample-and-hold buffers.

Doing a similar thing with audio would be possible, but the clock would need to be a LOT higher. Take your safe sample rate, and then multiply by the number of channels.

It’s a problem that screams “digital solution” to be honest! If you’re going to chop the signal into time slices and then reconstruct it, you’re half way there already.

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY