[sdiy] Relays or reed switches for routing?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Tue Jun 1 00:25:58 CEST 2021

Ø  Before clicking on the link I knew they'd be Teledyne. And yup, they were.

Ø  When you buy in volume direct from the manufacturer the price will be significantly better, but then we're talking volumes that are way beyond this tiny little backwater of electronic music.

Ø  Neil

Go to Mouser and sort by highest price first and work down.   Good relays aren't cheap.

If you want to see "as good as it gets no matter what the price" have a look at https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/high-frequency-rf-relays/7582455/
10 million cycles, DC to UHF, almost zero resistance .... and now almost $100 each :-)    We used to use them by the handful at HP, but they used to be a lot cheaper.

Before clicking on the link I knew they'd be Teledyne. And yup, they were.
When you buy in volume direct from the manufacturer the price will be significantly better, but then we're talking volumes that are way beyond this tiny little backwater of electronic music.

Neil