[sdiy] Anyone do a voltage controlled "Tilt" Filter?

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 21:46:04 CEST 2021

Hi Neil,

You might want to have a look at the Tilt EQ implementation done by Rob
Hordijk for the Nord Modular G2 (a virtual modular).

It inspired me when I made the River Marble eurorack module, which is
basically two dual VC-tilt EQs. Just like the Hordijk implementation it's
based on two all-pass filters per channel, but there was an issue with the
mixture of these filters, causing the downward tilt to approximate the
desired 3db/oct slope, but the upward tilt to behave less nicely. I solved
that by using separate weigthing for upward and downward tilt. You can
achieve that and the VC by using a ring modulator (I would suggest a 2164
based ringmod).

Rutger