[sdiy] How to use an analog time-domain multiplexer?

The SynthiMuse synthimuse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:35:25 CEST 2021

If I could put my 1/2 groats worth of input to this, my advice would be :
please don't.
Digital comms would be the only reasonable answer to this, I believe.

A processor fast enough to read your analog channels and mux them in to a
digital stream that could be sent around internally and the data picked off
by small processors that can handle the comms and do local conversion back
to analog with its internal dac. The ST arm chips ( if available) have
12bit DACs, most cheap PICs have 10bit.
Another advantage of the digital approach is that you could scramble the
data stream so that any noise created would be gaussian.
It would be non-trivial to do the above, but if you want lots of data over
a single wire, digital is the only way, I feel.
Trying to get it all working in the analog domain would be
non-trivial-squared.
Just my opinion.
Gerry Murray