[sdiy] Roland System-500 Filter pcbs

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Fri Jul 30 18:41:25 CEST 2021

Hello,

Inspired by the Alex Ball Video mentioned over at analogue heaven I
wanted to update my page about roland filters with the information on
the System 500.
I checked th thomann.de <http://thomann.de> pages for the pictures of
the module and got a little worried

This is the pcb of the 510 (should be one four stage OTA filter and a VCA)
https://bdbo2.thomann.de/thumb/bdb3000/pics/bdbo/13948871.jpg

This is the pcb of the 521 (should be two four state OTA filters)
https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/bdb/379516/10742587_800.jpg

This is the pcb of the 505 (it should be a tranistor ladder filter)
https://bdbo2.thomann.de/thumb/bdb3000/pics/bdbo/13948906.jpg

The pcb of the 505 is full of LM37000, while there is no OTA in the
original Circuit.
The pcbs of the 510 and 521 show not a single OTA, but many parts which
seem to be double transistors - which I would expect for the 505.

After a first comparison of the 510 and 505 I thought Thomann mismatched
the pictures, but the 521-pcb looks too similar to the 501-pcb

Can you identify what are 6 pin parts on the pcbs for the 521/510?

Florian

--
http://www.florian-anwander.de/