[sdiy] Quantizer project.. final choices with all that..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Wed Jul 7 16:30:34 CEST 2021

After all these very technical talks & exchanges about scales and intervals
I think I’ll build my next quantizer in my ‘make it simple’ way.

*Using about the same hardware I used for my M114
<http://www.arcenson.com/projects/Modular/M114_CV-GATE_DELAY/Specifications/
>  CV/GATE delay
   which has SPI 16 bits ADC/DAC’s but this time without SPI RAM.
    It can support 0 to +8vdc IN/OUT CV’s.

*Using preformatted scale lookup tables (up to 100 of these)
  (rotary encoder/display  selectable)

*As David proposed, using “equal voltage intervals between each notes”
approach
   (more musical and predictable CV output results)

*A separate 12 positions rotary switch for semitones transposing the CV
output results

*And finally a MIDI output that tracks with the selected CV scale outputs

This pleases me..

Thanks to all of you for sharing your precious knowledge !

JP