[sdiy] Quantizer project.. incoming CV's switching point to change to quantized output CV's ...

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Wed Jul 7 07:25:27 CEST 2021

I don't know that it's a given that equal time for unequal scales would be musical. It's certainly not necessarily natural.

If you're playing a sitar with the frets moved into non-chromatic intervals and slide your finger up and down the string, the amount of time for each note will not be the same. You can bend the strings, but you can't bend the physics of the strings.

I see your point that it might be desirable to have each output note take the same amount of time, but that might be asking a lot from such a nonlinear system.

Brian