[sdiy] Quantizer project.. incoming CV's switching point to change to quantized output CV's ...

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Mon Jul 5 04:48:33 CEST 2021

It depends upon how many octaves of range you want the DAC to cover.

5 octaves (5 V) with 12 bits gives 1.46 cents per step ... if I did the math correctly.

There are some 14-bit DAC chips if you don't think you need 16-bit accuracy, but sometimes the price is less for 16-bit due to supply and demand.

Brian