[sdiy] Quantizer project.. incoming CV's switching point to change to quantized output CV's ...

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Sun Jul 4 20:43:58 CEST 2021

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I would take a more musical approach. Always convert the incoming
information to the semitone scale, and then transform to the final scale
using a list with definitions like that (pentatonic example):
C-->C
Cb->C
D-->Db
Eb->Eb
E-->F
F-->F
Gb->G
G-->G
Ab->G
A-->Bb
Bb->Bb
B-->Bb
Whether you shift up or down may even depend on the (assumed) base note
of the scale. Eg. If you think this as pentatonic over c-minor, then the
E is shifted up to F. If you think this a pentatonic scale over
Eb-major, the E gets shifted down to Eb.
(This is what I am working on at the moment for the quantized
transposition of my midi-stepsequencer
http://www.florian-anwander.de/sq-3p/)

Florian