[sdiy] Quantizer project.. incoming CV's switching point to change to quantized output CV's ...

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sun Jul 4 20:27:30 CEST 2021

I guess it would depend a bit on the intended use case, wouldn't it?

I could imagine the following strategies being "the right way" in different
scenarios:

1) outputting the allowed note closest to the input value, but with some
hysteresis added
 - natural for "playing", but doesn't guarantee equal probabilities for
random values

2) dividing the input range into the number of allowed output note values
 - guarantees equal probabilities for random values, but doesn't guarantee
that the input ranges align to the output values (or even overlap them)

3) Keeping the output note until the input reaches another allowed note
 - could be fun for continuous input values sliding around :-)

/mr