[sdiy] Books, magazines and other paper resource about synths

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 03:09:40 CET 2021

> On Jan 29, 2021, at 9:28 AM, francesco mulassano <francesco.mulassano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Then there are the great designs by Thomas Henry. You can buy some books via an online printing service but honestly I was missing explanations in them, mostly just a circuit collection.
> Thomas Henry - Synth DIY Wiki <https://sdiy.info/wiki/Thomas_Henry>
> The following site is excellent with lots of circuit details:
> Thomas Henry Designs <https://www.birthofasynth.com/Thomas_Henry/TH_main.html>
> Many of his great magazine articles are available for free (just takes forever to download this pdf):
> File:The Reprint Collection by Thomas Henry CC BY NC.pdf - Synth DIY Wiki <https://sdiy.info/wiki/File:The_Reprint_Collection_by_Thomas_Henry_CC_BY_NC.pdf>

That last link is problematic. The server keeps disconnecting and re-connecting. I had to use a download manager which can restart automatically and throttle the speed to 200kB/s. It finally finished after a couple of hours.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com/

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980