[sdiy] CV/Gate delay project..

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Jan 29 23:11:42 CET 2021

> But you stated that even using an external ADC, 10 bits would be not enough
> and I could hear staircase effects on slowly moving input CV’s ?

Yes, absolutely. It depends on the range you’re trying to cover obviously. 10-bit across one octave will be ok. 10-bit across five octaves won’t work.

But in general, for 5 octaves or so:

12-bit is about at the limit of audibility, and 14-bit is the minimum for “quality”. If you can find good/cheap 16-bit convertors that give genuine 16-bit results, then that’s great.