[sdiy] CV/Gate delay project..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Fri Jan 29 23:03:01 CET 2021

Very good idea Tom to use PWM like you did as a DAC mean..

> But now I’m straying into the DAC end, and you were really asking about the ADC end.

I’ll keep the quantizing stuff for another future module..

Well the final idea here is how to cheaply get the ADC/DAC transparent transfer
using a small micro like the PIC16F88 (SPI control).
Surely I’ll need external converters !

But you stated that even using an external ADC, 10 bits would be not enough
and I could hear staircase effects on slowly moving input CV’s ?