[sdiy] PT2399 application recommendation

Jacob Watters jacobwatters at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:40:10 CET 2021

I played around with them in the past. In general, I found that the default
filtering isn't great. I ended up using a variable filter so I could adjust
the tone. Also, I found that adding a high pass filter helped to get rid of
the boominess in the low end, but I might prefer that due to liking BBD's,
which usually use a high pass filter.

I even did some karplus-strong by overclocking it and lowering the
oscillator resistor beyond the recommended amount. Tuning was a pain
though. I got it to run up to 9V, and found it to be stable at 8V.

I never got a chance to try it, but you can make a reverb-ish thing by
putting 3 of them in parallel. Someone even makes little bricks that are
just 3 of them inside.

*Jacob Watters*
JacobWatters.com <http://jacobwatters.com/>