[sdiy] What do you know about.... eReaders

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:36:19 CET 2021

3.7V is the average voltage, usually LiIon or LiPo cells are run between 3.3V
(empty) and 4.1/4.2V (full)

so 4.12V is "charged" and I don't think you need to replace it.

the "BMS" attached to the battery is actually a BPS (battery protection system),
it main function is to prevent a total discharge which would damage the cells.
as long as you measure 4.1V where the battery leads enter the main boards it's fine.

the ereader itself probably runs at 3.3V plus the voltages that are needed for
the display...