[sdiy] Dead Unobtainable Concentric Pot, What to do?

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Tue Jan 19 04:24:56 CET 2021

  I have an Orban 111B Spring Reverb here that has had scratchy pots
since I bought it ages ago. It had gotten progressively worse to the
point that I decided it was time to open up the pots and see what was
up. The carbon tracks on one of the decks had worn through and was
flaking off. Basically, the pot is dead. Unfortunately, it's a
concentric 10k/500k CCW Log pot which I can't find a suitable
replacement for. There are other concentric pots available but not in
that split value -100k/100k, 500k/500k, . I really don't want to drill
the front panel out unless that's an absolute last resort. Anyone have
any thoughts on what I could do instead to get it back up and running?

James