[sdiy] FCC And Other Testing

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Jan 13 11:20:05 CET 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: Synth-diy [mailto:synth-diy-bounces at synth-diy.org] On Behalf Of Steven Cook via Synth-diy
Sent: 13 January 2021 09:39
To: Synth-diy at synth-diy.org
Subject: [sdiy] FCC And Other Testing

Hi, I'm developing a Eurorack synth module which uses a microcontroller.
I recently asked a question on here about ground planes and someone mention it might be tricky to get FCC approval, something I'd never even thought about. Having looked into this, it seems like it could cost tens of thousands of pounds just to get FCC approval, and that there are lots of other sets of rules in other countries, such as CE, Industry Canada, VCCI, CNCA, and EASC (to name a few).

Realistically, do micro businesses selling Eurorack modules actually go through all these convoluted and expensive test procedures?

Regards,

Steven Cook