[sdiy] linearizing an exponential CV

Neil Harper metadata at gmx.com
Tue Jan 12 23:06:56 CET 2021

hey everyone,

i'd like to linearize a control voltage that rises exponentially. i'm
familiar with how to do the opposite, taking a linear voltage and making
it exponential (transistor pair expo converter or 2164), but I have no
clue how to do the opposite.

on paper I think I can take the exponential rising voltage, invert and
offset it to get a falling log curve and then feed that thru an expo
converter to get a falling linear curve. then I can invert and offset
that linear curve to make it rising 0-5V. but that definitely doesn't
sound like the most efficient way.

--
/// Neil Harper
/// Every Wave is New Until it Breaks