[sdiy] 90-degree phase displacement network calculations

Bernard Arthur Hutchins, Jr bah13 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 12 20:08:22 CET 2021

The proper terms to contrast/compare here are perhaps CLOSED-FORM and ALGORITHMIC?

Equiripple FILTER designs, of necessity, employ well-studied ALGORITHMS (Remez Exchange, Parks-McClellan) which converge TOWARD the UNIQUE-BEST solution (Alternation Theorem).

Beyond this, we really do need a current (complete, corrected/updated, commented) version of David’s code, with phase-error graphs, showing what happens, for example, when we use perhaps just 3 rather than 8 iterations.

-Bernie