[sdiy] polyphonic glide behavior

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 12 19:02:49 CET 2021

What about gliding up or down to all notes from a fixed interval away, no
matter what note was played before.

So, for example, say you play C-E-G.  If the glide is set to "Up a fifth"
then this chord starts out as G-B-D below, and all the notes glide up at the
same rate, maintaining the tuning during the glide.

That's probably how I'd do it.  It kinda sounds like portamento (or maybe
more like slide guitar), and it seems more musical than some random
approach.

Alternatively, only the lowest (or highest) notes are truly portamentoed,
and all the other notes glide up or down by the same amount at the same
rate.  That seems doable.