[sdiy] polyphonic glide behavior

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Tue Jan 12 09:45:25 CET 2021

Hello Chris

Am 11.01.21 um 22:44 schrieb Chris McDowell:
> 1: Glide from last note the voice played
>
> 2: glide from the closest previous note out of the voices
I can answer only from the players point of view:  there is no "right"
kind of glide. Simply both variations are valid options, and depending
on which effect you want to achieve (short and smooth like changing the
note on a violin or guitar, or random swirling to make it "sound like a
synth") I would choose the one or the other. I remember my Jupiter 6
with Europa-extension which provided various voice allocation
algorithms. Each of them caused a different glide, and each of them was
usable and desirable under certain aspects.

Florian