[sdiy] 90-degree phase displacement network calculations

Bernard Arthur Hutchins, Jr bah13 at cornell.edu
Sat Jan 9 22:35:11 CET 2021

Thanks again David –

I see. Your function is NOT closed form – it is iterative; self-terminating at 8 “for loops” – absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

In equiripple designs we have the powerful “alternation theorem” to tell us WHEN we have “found” an acceptable ER solution (at least - close enough).  At the same time, the mathematicians assure us (prove!) that we will never find closed form!  (Don’t you hate it when you are shown that they are right?)

What happens (if you know) if you terminate after just a couple of iterations?  That is: How does convergence progress?

-Bernie