[sdiy] VCF caps in modern synths

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri Jan 8 16:42:12 CET 2021

Ø  Off topic but regarding SMD resistor distortion, I disagree that "In fact it is SMD resistors that have become the main source of distortion in surface mount products."  I think this is an over-generalization.

Nowadays there often aren't that many capacitors in the signal path, but the number of resistors just seems to grow so the accumulative distortion from resistors begins to dominate.  Douglas Self covers resistor distortion well in his book.