[sdiy] VCF caps in modern synths

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri Jan 8 15:34:18 CET 2021

Hehe.  I remember I built a Moog ladder filter using 47nF X7Rs in the early 1980s and the capacitors were so bad back then it actually killed the Q so you couldn't get the thing to self-oscillate no matter how hard you tried.   I expect Behringer use newer versions in their Model D and get the right sound nowadays.