[sdiy] VCF caps in modern synths

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Thu Jan 7 20:47:14 CET 2021

Manufacture of polycarb capacitors stopped in the late 1990s so I really doubt if anyone is using them now.  I assume it was an old document in dire need of updating to modern capacitor technology.

In most applications you won’t see much difference between C0G and X7R nowadays.  Obviously smaller values for things like filters are C0G/NP0 because of better tolerance but you’ll find large numbers of X7R in commercial products as well.