[sdiy] VCF caps in modern synths

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:19:56 CET 2021

Thanks for the chats on this.
Curious to hear that sh101/202 used ceramics. Sounds like this is quite
normal in the industry. I would hope that today we at minimum have a
predominance of C0G types since they don't cost much more than a cent each.
I was noticed in the ssi2140 docs that "Ceramic C0G/NP0, polystyrene, some
polyester and polycarbonate types are recommended".I was surprised to not
see polypropylene in the list and also have never heard of polycarbonate
types.

Colin

https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/
-