[sdiy] Power cord for my Oberheim 4 voice

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 01:13:08 CET 2021

> On Feb 26, 2021, at 5:26 PM, James Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:
>
> It would be best to just replace the receptacle with a new style but if you heart is set on the same cable, look for a PH-163 or Volvex 17952 or 17280.
>
> IMPORTANT NOTE! The difference in the 17952 and the 17280 is a difference of polarity so make sure you get the correct one. I can't remember which is which as I changed mine out sometime in the early 1990s.

IIRC, my Oberheim Two-voice used the "correct" version. The "backwards" version was used by many test equipment manufacturers such as HP.

See this photo:

https://imgur.com/QpJ6dPx <https://imgur.com/QpJ6dPx>

Cords are available on eBay from time to time but they're getting more expensive all the time, especially the "correct" version. I stocked up some time ago.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... beams...in the dark in the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in the rain." — Roy Batty, Blade Runner