[sdiy] Microchip.. for futur projects, choice to do.. PICs or Arduino

Liam Wall liam.wall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 22:46:34 CET 2021

Theres also all the "Arduino compatible" stuff like the Teensys with ARM
chips.

You can use the Arduino libraries to the extent that want, or break out of
it where you need.

I'm at a very early stage of noodling with a teensy 4.1 for a sequencer
project. Not much embedded experience. So far just getting an OLED screen
hooked up.

But I've got to a point where I've swapped the Arduino IDE, for Makefiles
and swapped out use the the arduino Wire library for an MCU specific i2c
library to be able to use the OLED without performance issues.